Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Changes

Dear Readership,

I hope all is well with each of you and that the Lord continues to grow you in grace and knowledge of Him each day.

I am writing to announce some changes that have been made here at the Center for Theological Studies (CTS). For many of you, you suddenly realized those changes when you visited (or will visit) the site sometime today. For others of you, you may get this blog post in your e-mail and not have any idea that changes have been made. To give you a pleasant tease so as to drive you back to the site, I will tell you about those changes now.

First, I've added a new blog poll to the site. The question for the poll is, "Which are you?"---and the question itself refers to the theological system to which you pledge allegiance. There are several choices to select from, some of the latter ones being humorous in and of themselves. I thought that by adding a little theological humor (not meaning to degrade or insult), that many would enjoy having a little change in the life of the blog itself. I can renew the blog poll for a long time, but I just might change up the poll each month. For you, that means that you'll have to come back to the site to see what I'm up to...

Next, I've also added a "Recommended Books" mass link at the site. From now on, you can click to the right of the page to see the top books that I recommend...and all of the clicks will take you to pages where you can order the favored book titles. This list will be updated rather frequently throughout the coming months (and years...yes! I plan to be around for that long!!!).

Last but not least, the "big whammy"...I've changed the blog template. Now, before I go further, let me just say that I absolutely love the new template. I adore it so much that I sat at my desk looking at the new template for an hour today...and, if it were not for a dear friend, I would STILL be looking at it (lol)!! Needless to say, like Zacchaeus, I had to "come down from the sycamore tree" and get back to life :-)

In all seriousness, I do love the new template...and I hope you do as well. Please comment back to this post to tell me what your thoughts are regarding the new template. It would help me better design the site to meet your theological needs in the present and coming future.

For now, let me just say that I am grateful to you, my dear readership, for the time you've invested in me to read the ramblings of an old seminarian. Thanks so much for all the time you've spent reading blog post after blog post. Continue to pray for me as I continue to research and publish to the glory of God...
so that all the world may know Him,
Deidre

2 comments:

The Seeking Disciple said...

I like it. I will pray for you and for your blog to honor the Lord so that His kingdom may go forth!

Deidre Richardson, B.A., M.Div. said...

Roy,

Thanks so much...I figured it was time to change things up a bit at the site. I wanted a more "real-to-life" type thing; and the template fit more of what I was looking for.

In addition, I also realized today that I've spent so much time focused on my ideas that I hadn't spent enough time on presentation. I hope that the form and content of the blog here at CTS honor the Lord. Please, continue to pray for me...and pray that the Lord will continue to raise up Arminians for His glory!